Friday, September 1, 2023

Salzburg 🇦🇹


This city has captured my ❤️
It's clean, cultured, orderly, delightfully old fashioned, arty, romantic with beautiful architecture and surrounding green hills.  Soooo much to see and only 2 days 😳

Highlights:
Free walking tour
Seeing some places used in scenes in Sound of Music




'Visit Salzburg' card - best value for money
Funicular to the fortress



Organ recital (featuring 4 of the 7 organs) at Salzburg cathedral







The Fortress - excellent museums and amazing views














Cable car to Untersberg - experiencing an alpine cloud give a whiteout within minutes of sunshine and clear views!













Schnitzel for dinner




Lookout views at night

2 comments:

  1. The views from the cable car are amazing. Not sure I would want to look down though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you had any fear of heights, then the trip would be a challenge

      Delete

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...