Saturday, September 2, 2023

Salzburg 🇦🇹 day 2

Today is in my top 5 best days of my trip so far ❤️

This morning I visited Mozart's first house/birthplace and it's museum, and then his residence museum.  Both had lots of memorabilia, instruments and info on his life.







Then on the local bus to Hellbrunn Palace and trick fountains.  



This incredible palace was designed to entertain the aristocracy with music rooms, extensive gardens, exotic plants, zoo with rare animals.  






The trick fountains are an intricate series of ponds, statues and fountains following a path around the palace.  The fountains spurt when least expected and the laughter and surprise for all of us tourists was so lovely.  








The engineering behind the water weighted triggers that send the spurts out was unexpected.  There is even a marionette style huge theatre with movement in the characters, all created by the use of water.






I didn't think it was possible to top that experience, but I did.

I booked on the Sound of Music 3hr cycle tour, on a picture perfect day.  Decided to pop into a thrift shop to see if I could find a dress.. and there it was, the perfect dress (with a slightly dodgy zip) for 5 euro. 


 
The 16km 'Sound of Music cycle tour took us to all the sites around Salzburg from the movie, plus we were given so many movie and filming facts that I didn't know.  








Once we got out of the city the guide cranked up the songs and we all sang whilst riding.  On the way back he put the speaker in my basket for the singalong.  He encouraged everyone to recreate scenes from the movie and took photos.  So much fun. 






Budget blown today and so mark down salad and bread roll from the supermarket for dinner along the river watching the sunset whilst chatting with a lovely German backpacker.




#perfectday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...