Sunday, September 3, 2023

Munich 🇩🇪 15kms walking

I caught an early train from Salzburg and arrived with 5 mins spare to join the free walking tour of Munich.  Such a busy city with tourists everywhere and the weather was perfect!




Highlights:
Seeing the glockenspiel perform at the Marienplatz (watched this on a Contiki tour when I was 22!)







The Palace entrance
Learning that 90% of Munich was destroyed in 2nd world war and so few original buildings remain









The famous Hofbrauhaus






Then met a friend of a friend who took me on a further walk around to see some more sights.
Highlights:
Watching surfing on a man made wave canal!



English garden walk through - so many picnicking, swimming, sunbaking, playing volleyball etc




Chinese tower with full oompah band playing



German sausage and potato salad lunch with a Radler beer



Finished the day off by meeting my fellow volunteer English tutors for a drink and dinner.  I applied to be a volunteer English teacher but all programs for the season were full.  I said I was happy to be on standby and got the call up!  Tomorrow I head to a rural location to be an English tutor for a residential English emersion experience.  More will be revealed tomorrow.



Great bunch of interesting and varied volunteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...