Monday, September 4, 2023

Germany 🇩🇪 Englischausen program

 

And so starts my week in rural Germany 🇩🇪 as a volunteer English teacher on a residential immersion program for Germans.  Most are attending and supported by their company as they work for an International company and need to be proficient in English.

Full days ahead of us with 12 English native speakers and 12 Germans.  Interactive learning with one on one sessions, presentations, theatre - full schedule to be provided tomorrow.

Today we did a number of great ice breakers, sitting with different people for each meal and conversing.

This is heaven for extroverts 😂

In exchange for my time, I am based at a beautiful rural country club style hotel, in the forest.. full board with Bavarian food and a beautiful spacious hotel room provided.  









A few of us went for a walk in a break and there are many forest walking options (wish I had a mountain bike with me!)









Long days with the students (mostly high level employees) but an amazing cultural exchange ahead.  It's also been great meeting the other volunteers from Canada, USA, England, Ireland and a couple of other Aussies.  🎉🎉




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...