Saturday, September 16, 2023

Day 46 Tulln to Vienna 🇦🇹 52kms 🎉🎉🎉

So excited to cycle into Vienna today.  Has felt like a far off idealistic dream and here I am 3000+ KMs later 😊. I'm at a lovely hostel tonight and they let me leave my bags as it was too early to access the room.







I plotted a route to Shonbrunn Palace.  6kms, sounded easy enough...  well, it was a little stressful.  Great cycle lanes but road works, speedy riders, tram lines everywhere, pedestrians and hills added to the challenge.  So grateful to have my new phone mount case so I could see where I was meant to go. 



 
I spent 2hours wandering the extensive gardens of the Palace.  Magnificent fountains, beautiful tree lined avenues and thousands of people from all nations wandering relaxed and enjoying the views.  


My slot to view the Imperial Palace state rooms of the Habsbergs at 4pm.   (No photos allowed inside)  The decorations are excessively outstanding.  The opulence with silk on the walls, gold edging on everything , painted ceilings.  Beautiful.











I came back to my bike with low battery on my phone and fortunately remembered my way back, much less stressful this time.  I've been in mainly small villages for months! 
I came back to the hostel and deliberated for 10 mins and then decided to give it a go.  Quickly showered and put on my thrift shop dress and cycled off to line up for standing room seats at the Opera.  success!  15 Euro instead of 150 euro.  Fabulous night.  I ignored the fact that I would rather be in a lovely dress, with make up and hair done and accepted that I'm cycling with limited options and I'll never see anyone again 😂









Was beautiful cycling back through the streets at 10pm with very little traffic and happy people, dressed beautifully pouring out of venues.


 
Feeling very blessed 🎉🎉🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...