Friday, September 15, 2023

Day 45 Krems to Tulln 🇦🇹 57kms

The rain stopped this morning about 5am.  I had a great night sleep as it was a constant torrential downpour and so created a lulling white noise.  When it stopped raining I could then hear traffic noise 😂

Packed up a wet tent and set off for the day.  A fairly uninteresting ride for most of it as lots of industrial factories, hydro power etc.  Dodged a few storms and could see rain around but I stayed dry.








Arrived into Tulln early afternoon and visited the Gardens.  






I assumed it would be a botanical gardens but it was a display with 70 ecological suggested gardens to suit every type of taste.  Each garden had a board with all the plants used, maintenance hours required, how much water needed etc.  Felt like a home show but for gardens. Many with chairs and hammocks to sit in, veges interspersed with flowers.  Very popular with visitors and many taking photos of the list of plants.  
















There was also a huge observation tower to look at the surrounding areas and the gardens from above.






Then off to check in at the campground and try and dry my tent!  Fortunately the wind had picked up and didn't take long.  




Once all set up I cycled into town to look around.  Very pretty village and setting up for an Octoberfest weekend, temporary grandstand and fencing. 
Met a lovely Dutch man who wanted to ask about my helmet hat.  Got chatting as he was interested in the route I had taken so far. He talked about the feeling of freedom when cycling.  I agreed.





Back to the campground via Spar and fresh spinach ravioli for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...