Monday, September 11, 2023

Day 41 - Aschach an der Donau to Linz 🇦🇹 42kms


After a pretty cool night and heavy dew, the low cloud burned off to a gorgeous clear 28 degree day.





I cycled with a fellow camper, a German woman similar age.  The dedicated path followed the river with high mountains either side.  Then the river widened and turned to flatter countryside.




While having morning tea, a couple in their 80's were doing some Nordic walking and asked to sit on the bench as she was recovering from double knee replacements.  The 85yr old man was a keen cyclist, averaging 10,000kms each year.  A physically and mentally fit man.  Had been to Australia 4 times.  Had such a lovely chat.


Carola - my German riding buddy for the first 40kms today

On a ferry crossing the Donau



Then on to beautiful Linz.  A stunning town with historic trams, pristine pastel coloured buildings.  Being a Sunday, all the shops were closed but still lovely to cycle through the town.  Visited a church and there was a performance in progress.








The famous Linzer Torte.  I bought a slice for after dinner







I had planned on riding further but passed this campground on a gorgeous lake, packed with people swimming, stand up paddleboarding and relaxing.  Even a lifeguard patrolling on an inflatable dingy.  I stayed by the lake, swimming and relaxing for 3hrs.






Crazily I am the only camper here tonight!  Full amenities block to myself.  It's the last weekend of school holidays and so that must be it.

Looking forward to exploring more of Austria tomorrow 😊

https://tiffstraveltales.travelmap.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...