Friday, September 29, 2023

Corfu 🇬🇷 Day 4

A Perfect last day in paradise.  So thankful that today was the day to take my boat cruise.  The water was calm and the sky blue 😊

The bus dropped us at the harbour and we boarded the boat and an hour later at our first stop, the island of Paxos.  








We had 1.5hrs and so I followed the signs up a winding road to the lighthouse.  Well, the gates were locked and thick scrub all over the top of the hill and so no views from the top either 😂. 




Was an interesting walk but I wanted a swim and so found some sneaky paths and steps between houses and ended up down at a beautiful rocky beach with just one other couple.  The water was crystal clear and I enjoyed my swim.  





I found my way back and had just enough time to go to the bakery for a spinach and feta pastry and my first baklava. 




Back on the boat and we cruised to some caves and the water was so clear and greeny coloured. 
Next stop was Blue Lagoon - a stunning cove with the most gorgeous water.  Most of us jumped in for an hour long swim.  






A girl had her phone in a plastic pouch and so I took some.ohotos for her.  Turns out she is a social media person for a range of companies in Scotland on her first solo holiday at 25yrs.  She had all the poses happening.  She then got me to replicate, had so much fun and laughter.
Our final stop of the day was the beautiful seaside town of Sivota.  More swimming for me at the rocky beach.







A wonderful day out in a stunning location.
Sunset gyros for dinner and I saw the full moon rising as I walked back to my apartment.  




Such a perfect way to finish my Greek mini break ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...