Sunday, October 1, 2023

Llandudno Wales

And so begins the next stage of my trip.  I flew out of Europe yesterday on day 89 of a 90 day visa.  I will travel, cycle, house and pet sit in the UK for the next 3 mo tha.


Today I had a walk down memory lane as Sarah and I drove to the Isle of Anglesey, North Wales and visited the quaint town of Beaumaris.  I used to visit the seaside town regularly when we lived in the UK 26 years ago as my kids great grandparents lived there.  







The town has become a centre for cottage crafts, artisan foods, local distillerys and beautiful garden shops.  We wandered to the pier, the castle and looked in all the little shops with true North Wales weather rolling in.











Then we drove to the far end of the Island to Penmon to see the lighthouse and view to Puffin island (wrong time of year for a sighting).  







Then a look around the 400yr old Priory, dovecote and well







Tonight Sarah, Emma and I went to a beautiful restaurant for a belated birthday dinner.  Lots of laughs and travel stories shared.







Wonderful day and hard to believe a couple of days ago I was swimming in clear waters in 30 degree heat!  Such is the wonder of travel.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...