Monday, August 7, 2023

Day 8 Switzerland

 A cruisy day here as stormy.  Today was a day off and I had planned on a ride but didn't want to battle winds and rain and hills!   I set off mid morning with a raincoat for a walk instead.



I chose to go up the hill and walked some very steep roads and saw a deer bound across the fields in the distance.  




I followed the road to the top of the hill/mountain and started down the other side but felt like I was now on someone's private driveway.  I took shelter behind the woodpile as the storm kicked on a bit.  The smells of fresh timber were so lovely with the rain.





I ate blackberries and feasted on the view as I will cycle  to the train station in the morning and continue my journey.





I made a simple sweet potato Dahl for dinner as it had been popular earlier in the week, with rice and a fresh salad.  


Lamb feeding with the gorgeous lambs 😊


It's been a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...