Sunday, August 6, 2023

Day 7 Emmental Switzerland

 I've been on the farm in Switzerland for a week.  I had a quiet day today.



First up was sweeping sawdust and cleaning up tools etc after the art sculpture project that went into the wee hours and was finished this morning and whisked off to Zurich for an exhibition.






I then decided to spend most of the day in the 2nd vege garden, weeding and preparing beds for planting.  Very therapeutic and just what I felt like today.


In the afternoon I walked down the big hill to the village close by and bought myself some Swiss chocolate 🇨🇭. I had a good look around the Jakobs store which was like a BigW/Woolies combined and you could buy everything from fabric by the metre, linen, clothing, toys and gifts and a full grocery section.  The price of food is exorbitant and no wonder everyone has a vege garden, just trying to feed the family affordably!  I looked at my cycling quick cooking option -  of a can of ravioli.  Here that costs 6 Swiss Frances ($10) for a regular can - was 2 euro in France ($3.25), a small 375g bag of museli for $10.  It's been such a blessing to be able to 'experience' the countryside and traditions and food for free, in exchange for my time.










On my walk I took some photos of flowers and nature.

1 comment:

  1. Does that mean you’ll be riding extra fast to get through Switzerland and onto somewhere that is (hopefully) cheaper to eat? 😂

    ReplyDelete

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...