Thursday, August 3, 2023

Day 4 Workaway Emmemtal

 I woke to see sheep and lambs perched in the steep paddock outside my window 😊


I was back in the house vege garden today an managed 3 X wheelbarrow loads of weeds, thinning out of seedlings and uncovered spinach, cauliflower, more celery and beetroot.  I had really hoped/expected to finish this large garden today but not yet.






I mentioned to Werner that we were out of potatoes and he said.to.vome and bring a crate and he would.show.me.where to dig some - of course!   For the next 45 mins i dug up lots of potatoes.


Some went straight to the kitchen and the rest to the cellar under the house where pickles and jams and onions and garlic live.




This afternoon I went for a ride into the closest town as I need my brakes adjusted and found a bike shop -.closed Wednesdays, so will go again tomorrow.. the ride back up to the farm is a killer, push my bike steep hill but i managed to ride a little further today 😂. Lots of.tractors on the roads.today as wheat is being harvested...

Making my way through my latest ebook biography narrated by Drew Barrymore. 

Tonight I made some lamb chops (don't ask where the lamb came from 🙄 and roast beetroot, sweet potato and potato.  Plus a big sweet potato Dahl, completely unrelated but I found some lentils in the cupboard 😂

In my 2 room comfortable timber log cabin feel place while a huge random storm has whipped up outside.  






2 comments:

Ballycastle - Maddypenny 🍀 37kms 🚴‍♀️ 10kms 🚶‍♀️

After rain overnight, I woke to sunny skies and views from the campsite to the cliffs at Rathlin island that I visited yesterday, and beyon...