Friday, August 4, 2023

Day 5 Emmental, Switzerland

 The wind roared all night long and it was a breezy morning to start my day, which I love (unless it's a headwind when I'm riding).  The sheep had been out overnight but they needed to be brought inside for a DPI style annual inspection.  Incredibly obedient and responsive sheep.  He called them in and they all ran from the paddock into the pen!




Into the house garden with a goal of finishing weeding and thinning out seedings.





I finished!  It's so rewarding as I walk past this vege garden multiple times throughout the day.


I harvested beetroot and raspberries and black currents.




Watering the greenhouses.  I decided on a relaxed afternoon and made Vegetable soup for dinner.


I am slowly winning over one of the farm cats.  She visited me while gardening but would run off if I tried to pat her.  Then she had a little dust bath near me and eventually allowed me to pick her up and sat in my lap❤️


Having a dust bath 

A drink from the spring



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...