Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Day 3 Workaway assignment Switzerland

I woke to a blustery showery day and after brekky, lamb feeding and flowerpot watering, I was given my assignment.


I was asked to transform the 'House vege garden' which was overrun with weeds and pumpkin vines.  I'm only halfway through it and wish I'd taken proper 'before' photos.




I've uncovered the main path, discovered broccoli, celery, lettuce, garlic, quinoa(!), Beetroot, spelt, porridge plant(!), St John's wort, lots of herbs and there's still more to be found.  A rewarding half day.


After lunch I had a lie down and listen to an ebook for an hour while some heavy rain passed through.  I could see a big tree right at the top of the highest paddock and so set off with a rainjacket to explore.  


The fields are.so.steep.it.felt.like I was climbing a ladder at times.  Made it over a couple of electric fences and to the tree for amazing views.  





Then over the other side and to my delight a deer cam bounding and bouncing out of the woods.  I ended up down onto the country lane and followed it up for a while before heading back to the farm.









The owner and a workaway guy had spent hours trying to locate a fault with the electric fence and had success and so the sheep were allowed out on the paddock after being under the house for a.week.  then he had to clean out all the stinking manure straw 🤮.   Very glad that wasn't my assignment!







It was Swiss National day and so we had the cheesy goodness of Raclette again, with some.Swiss wine.







Then spent the night sharing how each of our nationalities celebrate different cultural events, while listening to fireworks sounding all across the valley 😊🇨🇭🎆

1 comment:

  1. You definitely got the better end of the task list! It looks like such a lovely place to go for a wander.

    ReplyDelete

Carnfunnock - Cushenden 🍀 47kms🚴‍♀️ , 5km 🚶‍♀️

 An enjoyable day exploring the Coastal road north of Belfast. Last night strong winds and heavy rain made it a bit hard to sleep, but thank...