Monday, August 21, 2023

Day 39 Deggensdorf to Passau 60kms 🇩🇪


Today's ride has taken me to the Austrian border!  


https://tiffstraveltales.travelmap.net


A beautiful ride along the river and into historic gorgeous Passau.  So many river cruise boats docked and lots of tourists and cycle tourists milling around.


Highlights:

Blue skies again







Seeing my little friend and his dad from yesterday and being invited to have a drink with them




Magnificent church in Passau










Confluence - the joining of 3 rivers - Danube, the Ilz and the Inn.  What's interesting is each river is a different colour and you can see this at the join



Excellent Kanu campground




My 4 student friends staying here too

Steep walk to the castle and treated myself to castle restaurant dinner with sunset views of Passau











I will leave my touring bike here in Passau and mix it up a bit.  Tomorrow I will catch a train to Bratislava and join some Brissie friends near Milan for a week 😊


Some Europe stats so far:


Week 1 - 355.3 kms

Week 2 - 329.7 KMs -

Week 3 - 498.1 KMs -

Week 4 - 227.1 KMs

Week 5 - 64.9 KMs

Week 6 - 451.2 KMs

Week 7 - 460.2 KMs to 20 AUG

Total 2386.5kms


July

Hotels - 6

Camping - 19

Hostels - 1

Workaway - 3


August

Hotels - 1

Workaway - 5

Camping - 13


1 comment:

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...