Sunday, August 13, 2023

Day 32 Tuttlingen to Sigmaringen 60kms

 https://tiffstraveltales.travelmap.net


I woke to a few showers but promises of a mostly fine day.  Chatted with the lovely Spanish family as we packed our gear.  I had to wait till 11am to drop my amenities key back and so did a little cycle around town.  




Off i headed to follow a new river - the Donau (Danube). Within a few minutes I got chatting with a fellow cyclist at the traffic lights as he commented on my hat.  He was heading in the same.direction and so off we rode together.




The Donau had steep cliffs and green meadows and the black forest coming to the cliffs edge.




Lunch with a beautiful view at some picnic tables.




It was an undulating enjoyable day on gravel and bitumen cycle paths.  Lots of cyclists out riding on the weekend.  






I loved seeing monestries perched on clifftops.







On the last long hill, about halfway up, a lady had set up a gelati van.  Cyclists and hikers all refreshing before continuing the climb.






I arrived into the Sigmaringen and set up tent.  The cyclists tent area is full tonight and the lovely Spanish family arrived after me and needed to get a little cabin.  The daughter spotted me and they came over for a chat.  Tonight I have Italians on one side, French on the other and Hungarian in the tent behind.  All like-minded, nature loving, experience findng people.  Great day.








4 comments:

  1. Another amazing day Tiff plus GELATO! I think gelato vans half way up hills should be mandatory 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she definitely has a good business plan!

      Delete
    2. I’d consider riding up a hill for gelato!

      Delete
    3. It was a big hill, but no so big when cut in half and gelati in the middle 🤣

      Delete

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...