Friday, August 11, 2023

Dat 30 Lake Constance loop 90kms

 One of my favourite days on the trip so far. 🎉

I woke to the beautiful early morning light on the lake and blue skies!  Decided to stay another night and cycle a big loop including two ferry rides 


I set off and had the pleasure of riding on dedicated cycle paths or lanes with excellent signage the whole way!
First leg was to the ferry from Konstanz to Meersburg.
5 euro for the ferry and the water was still, yachts and boats all out enjoying the 28 degree day





The town of Meersburg was busy with cyclists and tourists enjoying the ancient architecture, gelati and cafe atmosphere.





The path to Fridreichschafen had manicured lawns and gardens for about a third of the way with vineyards and orchards.  Picnics, sunbaking, stand up paddle boards, sailing and hundreds of cyclists and inline skaters.






A stunning church


I caught the ferry then back over to Switzerland. I sat with a sprightly interesting 87yr old Swiss woman out for a day trip.  







The views to Germany, Austria and Switzerland all from the ferry!

Back to the island after 99kms and had a big swim in the lake before some locally caught fish and island save blanc with sunset.  Very enjoyable day ❤️
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...