Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Bratislava 🇸🇰 to Bergamo 🇮🇹


An early flight and here I am in my 4th country in 2 days.  A scorching 36 (feels like 38) degrees today.



I stored my luggage for the day and walked around the hilly city.  Taking time to rest in the shade frequently.  I was killing time waiting for my lovely friends to all arrive. 

Highlights:
Walking the stone wall fortification
Incredible views to Milan and the mountains
Wandering the narrow streets
Yummy lunch
Successfully catching public transport
Reuniting with friends from Brissie (and a couple of kiwis).
Air-conditioned apartment!

Wendy came by train from France
Carolyn flew in from Australia
Mary, Francis and Terry flew from.Poetugal
And Les from UK

All on bikes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...