Thursday, June 29, 2023

23/06/2023 New Bike Day!

 New Bike Day!!!



I caught the train into Manchester and had a wander around including a visit to the Manchester Art Gallery. I looked at half the exhibits and will return next week to view the rest.



Then... off to the bike shop where I have been communicating with Shona for the last 4 months. She and hubby have a dedicated bike touring and commuter bike store. My beautiful bike was waiting for me and had been set up as per my bike measurements I had sent. I chose red panniers which look great against the gold frame.





I then went for a 25km ride out of town and joined the Rochdale shipping canal, negotiating lochs and cobbled sections. Lots of joggers, walkers, cyclists and fishermen along the canal. The birds were chirping and wildflowers in bloom.. didn't take long to leave the built up areas and cycle past rural farmland. My bike is steel and so fairly heavy, but it's smooth and easy to ride, with tyres wide enough to cope with the cobbles. Can't wait to head out again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...