Thursday, June 29, 2023

22/06/2023 My 2023-2024 Gap Year begins



I've arrived to sunny UK approx 48hrs, 4 flights, 3 trains and a tram after I started my journey. Met and chatted with interesting people to pass the time.



The train journey to Manchester was beautiful through villages, green farmland, canals with canal boats and all on a warm 27 degree day 😊 Its 25yrs since I lived and worked in Manchester and so I went for a wander to the building I used to work in, the bus stop and then to the beautiful Manchester Cathedral, built in 1400's and were blessed with the organist practicing for the evening service.





My leg seems to have coped relatively well but glad to be settled for the next week. Nodding off and so in bed for 8pm and it's still warm and full daylight outside 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...