Friday, August 9, 2024

Paris 🇫🇷 - Luxembourg 🇱🇺

This morning I had the pleasure of catching up with Sabine, a German lady and fellow volunteer at the Euros.  She arrived into Paris last night with her Dad and have a few tickets to the Olympics.


We sat at a colourful cafe, Nutella waffle for me! While people sat, facing outwards (😂) watching the world go by.




What a friendly pair and Sabine's dad used to ride and had cycle toured a section along the Rhine River that I had also done. 



I then introduced them to a fanzone at the Hotel Deville site with mist sprays and two big screens .  We watched the final of the men's rock climbing wall - insanely fast climbing!  And then rhythmic gymnastics before we parted and Ii headed back to the apartment to get my bag, make my lunch and dinner and go to the bus station.





My first Flixbus ride (5hrs) to Luxembourg (country no. 22)  About as comfortable as a bus ride could be and happy with aircon and wifi. 



I had planned on bringing my bike and doing a final few days tour but have decided against it for a few reasons eg the heat has been knocking me around and so a 2 night getaway (for the portion of the trip I couldn't get a refund for)  before returning to Paris 😊.  I arrived after 9pm, at the bus station which is a bit out of town.  Well, I've found somewhere that can beat Brisbane's 50c fare!  Public transport in Luxembourg is free 🎉 two lovely young men waiting at the bus stop showed me how to read the train and tram map and work out what to catch and then I walked from the cathedral to my hostel at the base of the historic bridge, and am settled into my shared room.  Looking forward to exploring tomorrow.


 I'm looking forward to my free walking tour tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...