Friday, June 14, 2024

Lincoln - Stansted 🇬🇧 - Cologne 🇩🇪

A 3.30am alarm and a couple of hour drive and Bob kindly dropped me and my bike at Stansted airport for my early flight. It was a clear morning and the sunrise coloured the sky 😊. 


The airport was crowded but copes well with a volume of people and I was soon at my boarding gate surrounded by English and Scottish soccer fans. The Scottish in their kilts and soccer/football jerseys.





Passport control in Cologne was busy as nearly the whole aircraft were in the non-EU passport queue. The soccer fans were rowdy and so it's going to be an interesting few weeks 😂😂


A maxi taxi to drop off my gear at my accom and quickly changed into the UEFA2024 EURO volunteers uniform and 20 mins later I was out the door and walking to the tram.  


Today was the final day of training and we also received most of our formal uniform (scarf and scrunchie and badge to come). The VIP lounges are nearly set up too.








We watched the rehearsals for the opening show (no photos allowed) and it's definitely getting even more exciting.


A simple salad for dinner and I'm looking forward to a good rest tonight 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...