Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Keswick πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 8km 🚢‍♀️

 I awoke, opened my tent flap and enjoyed the uninterrupted views of Derwentwater 😊

I made my porridge gazing across the lake to the mountains beyond and to the hike we would do today - "Catbells". 


It's a series of two peaks that rise quite steeply and have a section of rock that needs to be negotiated.  It's quite challenging but more doable once beyond this part.  I was amazed how many people were hiking such a steep climb with energetic dogs!


Once we were at the top of the 2nd peak, we had 360 degree views of this beautiful landscape.

The descent over the other side was on rough stone steps down to the lake and then followed the lake under the pine trees in a loop.


My Aussie cycle friend Lucy is staying not too far away and came to join me for the hike today. So nice to catch up after more than a year 😊


The weather kept changing with winds, light showers, sun and fog and so jackets were on and off all day πŸ˜‚


I'm at my tent now and the wind off the lake is pretty cold but it's not stopping a group of stand up paddle boarders who are swimming and paddling with their wetsuits on 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...