Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Cologne 🇩🇪

Today began with an early tram to meet the wonderful Karen currently travelling in Europe.  What a delight to spend the morning with my lovely Brisbane friend.


 

First up was a walk through the Cathedral and then a walk up the Cathedral steps.  533 steps up and 533 steps down and rewarded with a 360 degree view on a blue sky 29 degree day. 






We then wandered along with Tiff's guided city tour




and went to the Chocolate Museum and factory.  An in depth look at how chocolate is made, the import and export market in Europe and the world and then the factory which produces all the chocolate that the visitors eat.  Yummy samples too 😊







Said our farewells and hugs and then zoomed home to change and off to the stadium for game 4. 

We have a fabulous team and supported the England vs Slovenia match (0-0) well.  I got to go into the stadium for 10 mins and the crowd erupted into the English National anthem while I was there which gave goosebumps.








We had a celebratory drink and I ran and caught the last tram but missed my connection 🙄 one of my colleagues helped me rent a bike and I rode the last 4kms home, arriving by 2am 😅



No comments:

Post a Comment

Carnfunnock - Cushenden 🍀 47kms🚴‍♀️ , 5km 🚶‍♀️

 An enjoyable day exploring the Coastal road north of Belfast. Last night strong winds and heavy rain made it a bit hard to sleep, but thank...