Monday, June 24, 2024

Cologne πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ. 63kms 🚴‍♀️

And so ends another wonderful day in Germany.  Summer is on its way! Today reached 26 degreesπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰


I took advantage of a great weather day to cycle a route that volunteer Georg had given me.   I followed the Rhine for a while






and then east up into the mountains.  Cute villages with half timbered houses, forests and woods areas, a long climb up a few switchbacks in the forest

and eventually reaching the top with farmland and views back to Cologne and to further mountains. 






Many cyclists out on the route which is a known racing route.    Loved it!


Then an hour or two with Kailash, chatting on her verandah.  


Tonight I went into the city and to the Tanzbrunnen fan zone.  I had responded to an email for volunteers from other countries to perform on stage with top Cologne band Kasalla.  We gathered and had our countries flag painted on



and were provided a flag from each of the qualifying nations.


We were to be on stage and sing along while the group sang a song with a we are one sentiment.  We had one run through of the song and most already knew the words πŸ˜‚


What an absolute buzz to be on stage with a popular band, 12500 fans in the crowd singing in chorus.  I didn't know the words but didn't matter.  One of my volunteer friends took some photos and videos 😊







We then watched the game in the fan zone and I ducked out before the end to get the ferry and tram back home.  Fabulous win for Germany to finish top of their pool. 






Fabulous day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...