Friday, May 17, 2024

Edinburgh

Today was a wonderful day of celebration for my friend Marion. She has just retired from 38yrs service to the NHS in administration.  


We went to the hairdresser this morning, I tried a Haggis pie, we did some final groceries and then back to prep some platters.




Marion had picked a unique venue. A venue for hire, downstairs from a great pub that is complete with a replica airplane cabin. Seating, windows, overhead lockers and signage with airport codes and a life size firbreglass 'captain' .






Marion had prepared a range of destination pictures, retirement slogans and banners to add atmosphere.


Marion and I had rehearsed the safety demo, with some Amazon costumes and 'performed' for the crowd 😊. I was the hostess with the Mostess serving the platters as people loved sitting in the aircraft seats. Oh and DJ too 😂😂







A great night and an honour to be invited and share in this recognition party.  


Marion - the "Flight to Freedom" has just taken off!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...