Thursday, March 14, 2024

Watchfield - Faringdon - Wantage 🇬🇧

45km loop 🚴‍♀️

https://tiffstraveltales.travelmap.net/uk-travel-2023
(I started this second travel map in October and will finish it off at the end of the week and begin travel map 3 😊)

Yesterday was a rainy and bleak day.  Dog walking happens rain, hail or shine and little Indi prefers no rain or mud but that's just how it is 🙄, but Reggie is in his happy place in mud and water 😂 Raincoat on and out in it.  Lovely in the woods and the creeks rushing with all the extra water.





Today no rain and so after a doggy walk this morning I went for a cycle to see two market towns nearby.  I had cycled to Faringdon before and it is quaint, with a market trading hall and an old pub and lots of historic little shops and houses.  I love the small business mindset in the UK.







Lots of local flooding in farmers fields and covering the road in many spots.  Today I could see the Uffington white horse on the hill 😊



Wantage is also a quaint town with half timbered houses and thatched cottages, beautiful church and the weekly fruit and vege markets in full swing.  I would have loved to buy some fresh vege but no panniers on my bike (and 25kms still left to ride) to carry it back. 








I do love cycling the undulating rural roads past farms with crops and paddocks, horse paddocks, woods and views from the tops of hills.  It was very windy today but a lot warmer at 11 degrees.






Relaxing couple of days 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...