Saturday, March 16, 2024

Lechlade - Carterton 🇬🇧

 55km 🚴‍♀️ loop


A fabulous adventure on the bike.  My ride had it all 😊

Weather - rain, sunshine, strong headwinds on repeat 😂















Road work diversions and flooded roads.  

I sat on a park bench to have a ride snack and look at an alternate route as the road was flooded.  A car came from the road I was supposed to go on, paused slightly and then decided to give it a go.  Straight into the water, higher than the wheels of the sedan.  Elderly man and 3 elderly women passengers all dressed to the nines!  The car came out the other side with water pouring out of the muffler.  He started up the hill and it conked out with smoke.  Problem was, that the car was on a blind corner and with road diversions sending everyone on this route, cars were rushing round the corner and there he was.  I walked up the hill to see if I could help and suggested putting it into neutral and rolling it back off the blind corner and I would stop the traffic.  Well, his power steering locked up on him and was not playing nice.  There was nothing he could do but he was jutting out on the road.  I suggested they get out and move to safety but then it started raining and he said he would call AA and they would wait in the car.  All the while I'm directing traffic.  He thanked me and said to go on my way.  Really hoping they didn't get rear ended 🙄


My route went near the Airforce base and amazing timing as a few huge military aircraft took off and flew low straight over me!  Very cool.






So a cracker of a ride 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...