Monday, March 11, 2024

Uffington 🇬🇧

A relaxing rainy day in England.  


I took the dogs for their morning walk through the mud.  Everything is so lush and green and that's the benefit of a wet Feb 😊. And for a bonus, I saw squirrels and a deer on our walk today.









Then I took my lovely bike out for a ride, appreciating all the gears and working brakes 😂  It's due to rain all week and so, raincoat on and off I went.  The fields are green, puddles to dodge, a bit foggy but I could still make out the Uffington White horse on the hill ✅ lots of potholes but a delight to see thatched cottages again with daffodils in their gardens 😊. It amazing how I've acclimatised and today it was 9 degrees and wet and breezy but didn't feel cold 😂









Then some trip planning on the lounge with doggy cuddles.  I've started watching the series "Ted Lasso" (as recommended by my housesit hosts) and I've never binge watched anything before (too much sitting for me 😂) and do a rainy day was perfect, and I'm hooked!  I would highly recommend it 😊


Dog walk no. 2 in heavier rain and so some wet dogs to towel off when we came back.



I caught up on laundry today too.  A simple and relaxing day 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...