Thursday, February 1, 2024

Salisbury 🇬🇧


Time to move on 😊


The last few days I've spent doing some more planning and logistics, foggy dog walks, got a puncture repaired on my borrowed mountain bike (blackberry thorn 🙄) when for a great muddy ride on a part of the King Alfred's Way (looking for Sting's house!) visited Salisbury town again for another peek at the cathedral and a cream tea again 😂 








It's a beautiful part of England but I've been a bit bored and restless in anticipation for the next adventure.













A travel day today. My lovely housesit hosts who arrived back last night are driving me to a previous housesit home near Oxford where I have some gear stored (saving 3hrs of bus travel and 3 changes of bus)


I'll relinquish my hand luggage size backpack which has served me well for 6 flights (saving me about $300 in luggage costs) as my next destination needs warmer clothes (will be revealed in due course 😊). I need my bigger backpack!  


Then a bus to Oxford, then a bus to another friend Julie who has been storing my actual bigger backpack and a few other items, then she is kindly dropping me to the Oxford-London bus. I'll overnight in London (catching up with a new friend) and have an early bus tomorrow morning. Train strikes on the airport line for the next few days! 


So I call these a travel day 😂. Sit back and let others chauffer around, see the countryside, eat my picnic food as I go and often meet some new people as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...