Friday, February 23, 2024

Northern Denmark 🇩🇰

My morning was spent working on paperwork, counting days for visa periods 🙄, booking travel etc.

Afternoon - 20km mountain bike ride through the forests of Tornby.  The forest seemed extra green after the morning rain. The route has some difficult sections and so I was off pushing my bike up the steep trail with exposed tree roots etc and then sections of beautiful flowing riding.










Tonight Timo and I went for a ridiculously hilarious night of Bingo (Banko) - completely in Danish!  He is quite fluent but I was out of my depth and trying not to burst out laughing multiple times.  It's the 'thing to do' in Hirtshals on a Thursday night and 120 people arrive 1hr early, bring food to share with their table of friends and then the games kicked off at 7.  The next 2.5hrs were a blur.  I was paired with Charlotte who is a very skilled bingo fanatic (probably late 30's with a bingo tattoo!) And was managing her own 12 games of bingo and helping me with my 3 😂. In Danish the numbers are said backwards - 26 is said as 6 and 20.  Just when I would feel like I was remembering some numbers, I would be off  I've not really played bingo before and so it was quite the evening 😂




It's a nice easy downhill cycle to town but a strong headwind for the uphill back again.

We finished the night with chess at home.  A slightly random but fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...