Sunday, February 25, 2024

Horne 🇩🇰 Days 21 & 22

A couple of quieter days. 

Yesterday the weather was windy and rainy in the morning and so a good chance to do some planning and reading and some chores.  In the afternoon it was too windy for a ride and so I went for a big walk around the block. Since the snow has melted, bulbs are starting to push through and snow drops, a yellow flower and a purple one are starting to colour front yards and gardens. 







Timo and I finish each day with a well fought game of chess which has been fun.

This morning I created a PowerPoint presentation as I'll be speaking with the advanced English class this week and then this afternoon, Timo took me for a cycle to the beach and then a long walk on the beach to see some WWII bunkers that sand erosion has blown away the dunes and now left them on the shoreline. 








We scrambled to the top of the dunes for fantastic views along the west coast. 








Then a pleasant cycle back again.
A little project of painting a shelving unit which has taken us on and off all night and made a batch of brownies and chess between coats.




 
Full moon tonight and interestingly, I've noticed since being in the north of Denmark that there are very few stars here which has really surprised me as we are so remote, there is no light pollution?? 

Goodnight from me, my last week ahead of me in this little piece of paradise 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...