Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Horne 🇩🇰 Day 3

A yummy brekky with overnight oats with chia seeds, banana and cinnamon 😊. Today's tasks started with cleaning.  The school had its annual inspection this afternoon and I cleaned all the window sills and skirtings and vacuumed all the stairwells in the school.  Then to the kitchen to squeeze a box of lemons by hand 😂



Lunch today was the yummy Danish food Tartelleter that I tried in Aarhus..  pastry cases filled with a chicken, mushroom and asparagus filling.





When I went outside after lunch, it was snowing!!  A light dusting of snow.  I would have loved to go for a ride in it, but my Dutch room mate said he tries not to ride as this type of snow as its slippery on the road and I'm a little gun shy after breaking my leg last year.




Kiri and I went for a short walk in the woods instead and came back with cold noses and smiles 😊. And I spent some time making travel bookings and some life admin.






 have started learning the German language 3 months ago (learned in high school) and so sat in on a German class in the school this afternoon. Totally went over my head as not a subject matter I've learned words for, but still a good experience.


The evening meal is a mix of salads and rye bread and the teens are given 15-20 types of dishes to select from. The food served at the school is so healthy and the teens look a picture of health with all the goodness each day. I'm loving it too!





Alex has made us a nice wood fire and we are all relaxing in our house with a lemon and almond GF cake made by the chef.

A low-key day with SNOW being a major thrill today 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...