Monday, January 1, 2024

London 🇬🇧 Day 9

 

Happy New Year from London!

Today I decided to visit some of the classic sights.  I started with church at St Martin in the Fields church at Trafalgar square as my friend Papa said it had good acoustics.  He was right 😊



Then on a double decker bus up The Strand past St Paul's Cathedral to London Bridge.






A wander on the bridge and then along the Thames to the Tower of London before walking to the beautiful Tower Bridge. 








The sun came out but the temp has plummeted today with a biting wind 😊. I walked across the bridge and then along the Thames past colourful food markets and lots of fun sculptures.



I headed to The Borough Markets as recommended by Sarah and they were buzzine with quality produce stalls with tasting plates.  Then the restaurant stalls with foods from around the world.  A sample plate of indian snacks and a Falafel wrap 😊





Then back home to play with the dog and clean the house as I head off in the morning.

Then on the train to my vantage point for the fireworks on Vauxhall bridge by 6pm.  Closer to the London Eye is the ticketed area.  Freezing winds and some rain keeping people away till about 10pm (could have stayed home for 4 more hours 😳) but I chatted with a lovely Spanish girl, an Indian family, a group from the Netherlands, and many others.  Helped to pass the time while shivering.  My early start meant I had front row of the bridge with views of the amazing fireworks and drone display.  A night to remember.  Then the fantastic London public transport had me hop straight on to a train that met a bus and in bed for 1am! 










Happy New Year! 🎉🎉🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cologne 🇩🇪. 15kms 🚴‍♀️

Last night in Cologne for me with the final game for this venue. A fantastic well fought knock out game between Georgia and Spain with Spai...