Friday, January 5, 2024

London 🇬🇧 - Antalya 🇹🇷

Well, Pub Love hostel was fabulous.  A quaint pub in a nice area of London (Pimlico) with rooms upstairs.  A 9x bed, three triple bunk female room, no snorers and 10 min walk to the train station.


Given I had a day of travel ahead of me, I went for an early walk along the Thames this morning with an omelette roll. 



Sunrise at 8.06am 😳. A picture perfect day for a walk and finished at Big Ben before catching the bus back, collecting my bag and catching the train to the airport.









I decided to give the low cost carrier Wizz Air a go and it gets a thumbs up from me.  Low cost but left exactly on time, arrived 1hr early with a tail wind, great info from the captain on the flight and only 22 pounds ($44) ✅✅✅

Arrived into Antalya Turkey and short passport queue, hand luggage only and out to the tram stop.  Helpful people got me on the right tram for a 40c ride.  Modern elevated tramline and half hour later I was in the old town with 2km walk to the hostel.  The walk was along a 'strip' with fairy lights, palm trees, restaurants and buzzing with people. 




I passed Hadrian's gate, built in AD129 to welcome Hadrian who was visiting and only unearthed in the 1950's.  It leads to the old town and so will explore in the morning.


A kebab for dinner and they talked me into trying a Turkish baked rice pudding dessert.  Both were delicious ✅

My hostel is also great - 12 euro and I'm the only one in my 4 bed dorm!  Towels included, hostel kitten to cuddle and the receptionist kindly helped with info for the bus station for tomorrow, writing down what I need to do.



So far Turkey is ✅✅  friendly helpful people, great food, cheap prices.  Fairy lights cover a lot and so will see in the morning 😂

3 hour time difference to the UK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...