Friday, January 12, 2024

Gocek 🇹🇷

My early breakfast crew.  L-R Muaz from Yemen (a workaway while a uni student but now in a paid role), beautiful Larissa the Russian housekeeping lady who hugs and gives kisses on both cheeks multiple times in the day 😍 and Halouk a kind 71yr old man who works for 2hrs most mornings.  He had tears in his eyes for our goodbye hug ❤️




This afternoon I caught the bus to the coastal town of Gocek.


The route goes through the mountains on a big wide highway with glimpses down to small coastal towns in one direction and snow capped mountains in the other.  


Gocek is a town with a series of marinas and wide palm tree lined avenues with cafes, bars and high end shops. 



I walked right to the end of the largest Marina full of luxury yachts, island hopping tour boats and big cruiser boats.










In season there are tours out to the islands and beaches that dot the harbour.  

I walked past the shops and came to a Turkish delight shop.  A whole shop predominantly offering Turkish delight in many forms.  I chose a selection to try (rose petal, pomegranate, pistachio, nuts and cinnamon covered (When in Rome!) And let me assure you, I was delighted.  My favourite was the rose petal covered ❤️





Quite a few people fishing closer to sunset and lots of longing cats waiting for tidbits of fish 🐱

I sat on a bench and watched the sun go down behind the mountains with many others on deck chairs, having picnics, fishing or having a drink.  Such a restful atmosphere.







Off I went to find the bus stop as the frequency  changed to hourly.  This meant I was able to get glimpses of the sky through the bus windows as it changes to deep pink.




A relaxing last full day in Turkey 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...