Sunday, January 7, 2024

Fethiye 🇹🇷 day 2

(Pronounced Fet-yeah)

Happy and relaxed 😊. Beautiful beach town and warm friendly people.

I reported for duty this morning and my co-workers are a Russian lady who has lived here for 20yrs with her Turkish hubby and son, a workaway from Yemen and an older Turkish man.  Simple tasks to prep and layout breakfast buffet and we all worked well as a team. 


I chose to spend some extra time cleaning the kitchen (closer to Aussie clean standards) 😂 and the stainless steel is now gleaming.  Without a chef onsite since the main season closed, it had been overlooked.  We walked the bucket of food scraps to a relative’s home and fed the chickens and picked citrus for the buffet tomorrow.




The owner and his wife and children stopped by for breakfast and he kindly said I could borrow a bike!  Yay! It's a bulky cruiser bike but I'll take what I can get.  I pumped the tyres and adjusted the seat.

I went for a beautiful 18km ride north along the coast to Calis beach which is the high end part of Fethiye. 




The beach is about 2 kms long with restaurants and luxury hotels.  Being a Saturday, it was busy with locals and tourists.  Many wealthy Russians apparently stay in this beach town. 





I have been carrying my swimwear for 3 months and decided today was the day.  A warm 21 degrees and sunny, and so in I went.  It was fresh but refreshing. Everyone on the beach staring at the crazy person having a swim 😂.

I got changed and cycled up to the end of the beach and sat with many others watching the small waves and enjoying the sun.





  I read a book for an hour and did some people watching before riding back via the gym equipment.  The dedicated cycle path is brilliant and the running track beside it well used too.  I sat and watched the sunset again before heading back to the hotel.






I asked my Yemen friend Moaz for suggestions on local Turkish restaurants and we got takeaway Lahmacun which is like a crispy thin Turkish pizza that you roll up. 


A few of us went up to the Penthouse suite balcony to look at the stars and the lights along the beach.

A cruisy relaxing happy day 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...