Friday, December 15, 2023

Woking to Cardiff 🇬🇧

This morning Jan drove me to the village of Shere.  Lovely little Tudor style listed cottages, craft shops and cafes. 






This village was one of three used as the sets for the movie The Holiday, my favourite Christmas movie 😊.




I stood outside the White Horse Pub and walked the streets, minus the snow! 






Then to Ripley to visit 'The Talbot' built in 1453 and a Coach house hotel and Lord Nelson used to stay overnight on his trips between Portsmith and London.  It's hard to grasp the history at times.






I then said farewell to my lovely hosts Jan and Dave and caught the first of 3 trains to Cardiff.


  One train ended up being cancelled, but caught an alternative and found my way to my next housesit. 




Echo is a beautiful Golden Retriever and we will have our first walk in the morning 😊.



Now relaxing on the lounge watching 'The Holiday' and see if I can spot any of the cottages from today 😊


I look forward to exploring this part of Wales 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...