Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Tirana 🇦🇱 - London 🇬🇧


A day of travel, walked to bus stop in Tirana airport bus, flight to Stansted UK,  4 different train connections through London underground!   Arrived at Woking train station and staying with friends of my parents for a few days.

As I looked out plane the window to the green chequered farmland, I realise I will experience the initial culture shock of arrival in the UK.  Announcements in English, slick train stations, being able to drink the water, walking and driving on the left again.

After 9hrs of travel, I've had a lovely evening being cared for with Beef bourguignon and veges and a lovely marinated oranges desert.  A spacious bedroom and bathroom and great conversation 😊

I do love the UK, feel ‘at home' and looking forward to some housesits, and I'll be seeing out the rest of the year here in a few different locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...