Sunday, December 24, 2023

Cardiff - London 🇬🇧

This morning I took Echo for her last walk and play in the park, mopped my way out of the house and caught the bus to London.  3.5hrs on a comfortable bus and I was at Victoria  bus station.  I found my way to the train and then to my new house sit.


Harley is a sweet dog but she doesn't want to be my friend yet 😥. Didn't want to go for a walk but couldn't resist a play with a ball in the backyard and then hopped up next to me on the lounge for a pat. 




Then, off to 5000 seat Royal Albert Hall for the Christmas carols. 






When I secured this housesit in August, I jumped on the website and it was nearly sold out.  I had magnificent front row, top balcony seats.





The carols are performed by the Philarmonic Orchestra, national choir,  national youth choir and the Royal brass trumpeters.


A great compare and a soloist too

  They performed classical numbers including verses that I've never heard.. after intermission they were all in dress ups including the piccolo player as a Turkey!   Lots of audience participation and the 12 days of Christmas with the audience sitting and standing - heaps.of fun.


Made friends with the people either side of me and finished with farewell hugs 😊


Love the public transport options and helpful app to navigate you where you need to go.





Can't wait to explore over the next week in London ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...