Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Podgorica - Budva 🇲🇪

I left Montenegro's capital this morning on a bus bound for Budva on the coast.  I choose to travel on the local busses rather than the touristy ones and again I think I was the only non local.  6 euro for my 2hr trip.


  The route wound up through the mountains with breathtaking views back to the capital and soon enough we were in snow!! 



A winter wonderland for about 30-40 mins before descending down incredible switchbacks to the ocean with views of the terracotta roof buildings and a huge number of glitzy highrise.

I walked to the old town where I had booked my hostel.  Again a stunning hostel, immaculate, stylish and amazing views of the ocean from my room. 





Just 3 of us in my 8 bed room tonight.  A Croation girl and a German cyclist who is on his way to the bottom of Turkey and then over to Spain to continue riding.
Although overcast, no rain forecast till later and so I set off to do the 10km.coastal walking path along all the beaches and associated beach resort towns.  The contrast between the sea and the soaring snow capped mountains makes for a very scenic walk.  This place would be fabulous in the warm season. I tested the water and it wasn't as cold as I was expecting but 6-8 degrees temp means its a no from me 😂
















I caught the bus back to Budva and a Canadian at the hostel recommended a pasta place nearby and given it was raining, took his advice.  Wow!  The young owner hand rolls.out the pasta and prepares it and then cooks it in front of you and then puts the piping hot pasta into a huge parmesan cheese where it melts onto the pasta!!  Mushroom and onions on top for me.  Delicious 😊









No comments:

Post a Comment

Skjope🇲🇰 - Dortmund - Cologne 🇩🇪

An early start (4am) meant I got to see the sun rising and lighting the sky around the mountains of North Macedonia on my way to the airport...