Sunday, November 5, 2023

Brighton 🇬🇧

The storms still hanging around today and so, I spent the morning with Bruce while I worked on some logistics for the next few months.  A few things fell into place, trains booked etc.  



A break in the rain and so I set off down the hill in the wind and located the bus stop to the Pier.  So much flooding on the roads!

Soooo glad I went to the waterfront as the atmosphere was fantastic.  The winds still fierce were making huge waves crashing into the shoreline and jetty.  Everyone taking photos and laughing when freak waves would shower them









 ðŸ¤£. I walked out to the end of the jetty and all the rides closed as too windy.  I popped down to the pebbly beach briefly and the roar of the waves so loud 😊












The rain started again and lots of us scrambling to find shelter 🤣. I stumbled into a coffee shop dripping and, they were just finishing table service but she kindly made me a hot chocolate.  Found my way to the bus stop and got off at the right spot!

Tonight there are some Guy Fawkes fireworks going off locally 😊. All events cancelled but people are setting off their own fireworks.




Now comfy on the lounge, with the car watching a movie 😊. A chilled, productive and fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...