Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Corfu 🇬🇷 day 2

Wonderful to wake up in Corfu for my birthday.  Lots of lovely messages and a few phone calls too.  Thankyou, they have made my day 😊

Today was forecast to have thunderstorms and it delivered.  Rolling storms all day with constant lightning.  As a result all boat tours , aqua craft such as SUP and jetski not able to be hired out and even a lifeguard not letting people in the water.

After trying to wait out the storms, I decided to put on a raincoat and go for a walk.  






I walked the length of the horseshoe bay and then up into the sand dunes with a view to crossing down the other side to the lake.  The scrub in the dunes was thick and lots of little paths where others had tried to find their way too.  After a while I realised I should have dropped some breadcrumbs as all the bushes look the same!  





An adventure I got, but managed to find my way back to the sandy cliff edges.  The sun came out briefly and let me see how beautiful the water colours will be on a sunny day.








I wandered back to a Taverna for a chicken gyros for lunch with beach and lightning views.  




Then some further wanderings along the waters edge in the other direction which has coral and rock instead of sand. So pretty, but couldn't see any fish.









Back to my room for a rest and to read a magazine.

For dinner tonight I decided to go back to the same Taverna as last night as the staff were friendly and food lovely.  They welcomed me back which was lovely as the only solo in a room filled with couples.  Yummy dips and grilled seafood tonight 😊






I reflected on my 55yrs and am thankful for many things, that I have been fortunate to have three sons whom I adore, that I still have my parents and they are well, to have loved and been loved, to have wonderful friends, including many long term ones, to have been able to travel extensively, to have a healthy body that allows me to go on adventures.  I am truly blessed ❤️

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you, Tiffany. Sorry it's late. From your loving Aunt and Uncle in Port Macquarie

    ReplyDelete

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...