Monday, July 31, 2023

Emmental - workaway

 Waking up to views of a forest and to the mountains was amazing.




This morning I met all the current household.  A Spanish couple - he is a carpenter doing some renovations, a Polish carpenter and a Ukranian girl artist.  I have some set jobs for the week.  Feeding lambs, cats, 




watering flower boxes, 



cutting stale bread from the bakery to dry out for the sheep.

Tomorrow I will be shown the greenhouse for propagation and growing of vegetables .




Werner was hosting a group of international artists this afternoon to see his artwork and talk about some going projects.  I was tasked with using vegetables and salad items grown on the property to make a meal for 20.  I was asked to make potato and zucchini soup, and salad with garlic infused bread.  Garlic, onions, potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumber, herbs.








An Italian girl.came to help me.  Was great learning and creating.



Werner made the Raculette after the studio tour.






An eclectic mix of artists from a range of nations.  Alp horn being played and Maria the Ukranian girl is a beautiful musician and made a recorder song.  




Wonderful day 

1 comment:

  1. I can barely imagine a more perfect place for you to take a break while do things that you enjoy so much. 💕

    ReplyDelete

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...