Monday, July 24, 2023

Day 20 St Jean de Losne to Beacanon 90kms

Sooo if there are no photos did it really happen?

My phone has died 😥😥.  It won't work unless plugged into a PowerPoint (even that is intermittent).  The battery charge has a question mark symbol.  I've googled it and it's a know fault and needs a new battery.  Phone is old so I will try buy a new phone tomorrow. I cycled 90kms (with no phone to take pics or to look up directions) to get to Besancon which is a large town that will have a mobile shop open on Monday.  


I cycled to Dole (home of Louis Pasteur) which is a magnificent town,went to the Tourisme office for a map and and cycle toured the 4km historical route but couldn't take any pics 🙄.  There was a triathlon in progress so I watched a little and the route out of town was the warm up route.  Everyone so polite here,saying the bonjours as they pass by.  



Back out into the countryside and through tiny villages.  I picked some beautiful ripe blackberries with an old French lady who had a cutting tool and was filling a jug.  We had a nice time together with no common language.


The last 40kms to Besancon was hilly at times with incredible tall cliffs, some forested and some just rock with fortresses on the top and plunging to the Doubs river which is deep and wide and a beautiful dark green.  Lots of road cyclists zooming along and also inline skaters enjoying the smooth paths with amazing views.  I cycled around a canal tunnel, for boats to pass through the mountain.  I had to cycle over the hill to see the other side and on the exit to the tunnel there was a waterfall.  

This town has a massive citadel which I'll explore tomorrow.  I got to cycle under it through a path next to the moat channel.

I've cycles 1183kms across France so far.

I have been able to create a dot mp to show where I have been!  https://tiffstraveltales.travelmap.net




4 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!! I hope you can get a replacement phone sorted without too much trouble. Sounds like we missed a lovely day. 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm anticipating it not being a straight forward process, but hopefully there will be an English speaking whizz to help me buy and set up a new phone. 🙏

      Delete
  2. So many beautiful places. Where in Germany are your cycling buddies from?

    ReplyDelete

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...