Friday, June 30, 2023

26/06/2023 Dovestone Reservoir, Upper Mill and family catchups

 A fabulous day for me today. I took my lovely new bike up into the hills and visited Dovestone reservoir. It is a series of reservoirs stepped down the range, surrounded by the moors. I rode right up to the highest which meant riding up steep gravel inclines. I am so happy with how my bike and leg handled the terrain. The air was fresh, breeze blowing, wildflowers in bloom. Great to see so many out hiking on a gorgeous day.


 

 

 


 

 

 


I then continued riding further to Upper Mill a quaint village with a canal and canal boats running alongside it. I had lunch in a gorgeous cafe and chatted with other cyclists out enjoying the day.



 

 

 




The day was topped off with reunion with Lynn, Emma and Claire and kids (after 21yrs) before cycling back to Oldham. I met and chatted with 4 different cyclists who guided me to short cuts and shared local knowledge.

 



45kms of hills and nature - my biggest ride since injuring my leg.

🚴😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...