Thursday, June 6, 2024

Windermere 25kms 🚴‍♀️🇬🇧

This morning I woke after a warm  night's sleep at Lucy's.  She kindly drove me to an outdoors shop and I bought a replacement rain jacket as mine was no longer waterproof.

We drove to Windermere and cycled a wonderful cruisy 25km loop around  the lake.  







The route included a ferry ride, a climb to Claife viewing station, gravel paths, forest, picnic by the lake, hills, Wrey castle, farm gates, the village of Ambleside, marina and lots of lake views.







We chatted and meandered and it was special to catch up on the other side of the world.  It was cold and breezy but only an occasional shower.  

I waved goodbye to Lucy and put my panniers on my bike and cycled the short distance to my campground.  I'm the only person in a tent tonight and lots of caravans and campervans and they are all the tucked away inside for warmth. 


After setting up I went for a lovely walk along the lake to get some groceries, came back and made dinner and now in my sleeping bag as the temp is dropping.




The Lakes District is such a picturesque part of England ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...