Monday, September 25, 2023

Budapest 🇭🇺 to Corfu 🇬🇷

 I slept well in my quiet spacious room, even temp all night and dark.  I woke and realised I was actually pretty exhausted.  I have been to Budapest before as part of a work trip and so made the decision to have a recharging kind of day.  It was raining outside and so I snuggled back in for a while and then packed my bags, and remembered to remove any flammable items such as gas bottle!

Reception held my bags and the girl helped me find a $2 shop to buy some bags to package my paniers into for the flight.


It was raining pretty heavily and so off I went to catch the underground train to the famous Szechenyi thermal baths for a day spa outing.  






I spent a few hours moving between the pools of different temperatures.  I prefer the outside ones in the fresh air.  Visiting the pools was a popular choice today and it was fun to hear tourists with so many different accents.











I caught the train back and wandered the streets near my hotel but wanted to leave time to pack down my bike.  











Glad I did as I had one stubborn pedal that wouldn't give!  


All checked in and having a bite to eat.  My flight was due to leave now but delayed 3 hours so an after midnight arrival.




I'm spending the last few days of my European visa at the beach relaxing.  Bike being stored near Corfu airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...