Friday, June 30, 2023

28/06/2023 Manchester National Cycling centre & exploring

After a relaxing lie in I headed out on a Manchester exploring ride. I intended on riding the standard Manc Loop as recommended by locals and headed to the National Cycle centre to see the home of British cycling velodrome.

  

  

  



I popped in and talked to the receptionist to see if I could have a peek.. the British team were training so she said that I couldn't go onto the floor but up to the grandstand. After a little chat she let me go in for a quick peek (while she looked after my bike). Fabulous to be so close and watch one of the men training with the motorbike pacer. The women were warming up. When I came back she said I could have a look at the only completely indoor BMX Stadium in the world. The centre also has a path that links to a huge mountain bike path. I then headed off to follow the Manc route but my wahoo went flat so I made it up, went around in circles a few times

  


Fabulous photos of cyclists explaining why they ride

  



 


 


🤣.Then the blessing of deciding to stop in at a cycle workshop for some route guidance. Lovely Chris let me know that I was actually right at the start of the Manchester cycleway and right next to a renovated old railway station that has been repurposed as a cycle cafe! He locked my bike away in the staff bike storage shed and I enjoyed a beautiful lunch with views of the cycleway. I managed to eventually find my way back, 45kms later 🤣. Finished in the rain but lots of smiles as I have no timeframe so no issues if I get lost. Got to get my device charging routine happening 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skjope 🇲🇰. Matka Gorge 10kms🚶‍♀️

 This morning I was feeling the effects of missing sleep and so nodded back to sleep after waking early. The hostel owners recommended visit...